Sunday, January 20, 2013

Cebu Dec 2012


Cebu was one of the places I visited in the Philippines last month.  This was right after my overnight visit to Iloilo.  I flew back to Manila from Iloilo Tue afternoon, then flew to Cebu  the following morning!  Not that I'm trying to increase my carbon footprint or accumulate more miles.  I actually thought my Cebu flight was going to be cancelled due to the impending arrival of Typhoon Pablo.

Yet the flight wasn't cancelled as the typhoone spared Cebu.  When I arrived in Cebu Wednesday morning, the weather was actually pretty nice. Cool, but with a lot of sunshine.

So here are some of the photos from that trip:

Let's start off with what is probably Cebu's most famous and oldest historical site

Magellan's Cross


Since I am a lazy travel blogger, I just took a photo so I can save on precious keystrokes for the description.



The Basilica Minore de Sto Nino is right beside Magellan's Cross. 


 
I believe this open area at the side of the basilica is where they hold some of the Sinulog festivities in January.
 

Fort San Pedro
A few blocks south of the Basilica is Fort San Pedro.  This is supposedly the smallest Spanish garrison in the Philippines, according to the tour guide.  Well, I would probably agree given that it's approximately less than a quarter of the size of Manila's Fort Santiago.

The Old and the New



Chinese Taoist Temple

This is located in the northern part of Cebu city.  Its not that accessible via public transportation since its located in a private subdivision. But you can take a taxi cab going to the temple.  But you would have to walk several blocks to the main streets after your visit.



 
Dragon fire plus smoke kuno

 

Shangri-La Mactan Island

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment