Monday, March 18, 2013

Paella: Cerveseria Greenbelt

When I first started this travel blog, I also wanted to create a separate food blog.  However, given that virtually all travels entail dining at the local restaurants, I eventually decided to integrate my food adventures into this same travel blog.  And I noticed that most Pinoy travel blogs always include photos of the local food they tried. Oftentimes, most travel blogs have more food photos than those of the actual scenery!

So for my initial foray into food blogging, we'll feature the Cerveseria restaurant in Greenbelt mall in Makati business district in the Philippines.  I was able to get a Deal Grocer discount and invited a  few friends for lunch from Instituto Cervantes last November.

Nope, this is not your school cafeteria/library hybrid place

Notice the space underneath the table where they kept the unused plates prior to the arrival of customers.  Nice touch.



The cozy unique feel of the restaurant's interior might make you feel you're elsewhere and not realize that just outside is the busy world of  the Philippines' central business district.

Okay enough with the discussion of the place's design, let's get down to the reason why I wrote this post - the food and drink.



My coupon included a pitcher of Sangria which is an important component of Spanish cuisine. Salud!


We also ordered Nacho chips which were not included in the deal grocer coupon.  They had a unique way of way of serving the chips - wrapped in paper placed inside a glass mug.  I've been eating Nachos for seven years in Southern California and this is the first time I've seen them presented like that.

Finally, the piece de resistance arrives!


Here's a closer look at the Paella Cerveseria - with shrimp, soft shell crab, squid, bacon, chorizo, and other good stuff.  It was well worth the approximately 30 minute wait.

The deal grocer coupon which I used last November cost me 615 Philippine pesos and it included the Paella Cerveseria and a pitcher of Sangria.  This combo was supposedly good for 4 people but in our case, 3 hungry people finished it. :)

I just checked the deal grocer and they don't have this Paella/Sangria promo right now.  But Cervseria itself also offers other promos such as the ones below.



Using March 2013 forex rates, the  615 peso coupon would be equivalent to US$15 or 12.60 Euro, which I think is definitely a good deal especially that it is good for 3 to 4 people.

 
You won't even realize that just outside Cerveseria is the
busy world of  the Philippines' central business district

Cerveseria is located at the ground floor of Greenbelt 3 in Makati City.  It is near the fountain area which also has Starbucks and Seattle's Best.



No comments:

Post a Comment