Saturday, June 29, 2013

Paoay Church

First, my apologies for the relative lack of activity in this blog for the month of June.  Recent technical problems with the internet connection  in the more remote areas of the Philippines have severely limited my ability to update this blog.


Nevertheless, the show must go on so I continued making more travels to remote places here.  I am also looking for alternative sources of broadband connection to avoid being at the mercy of the iffy cellular and  home wifi connection.  This blog post was actually written in a Net Cafe at a mall.

Jeepney terminal to Paoay:
located near the Laoag UCCP Church and the Farinas Bus terminal 
Three weeks ago I some parts of Ilocos, which is a northern province in Luzon.  And one of the places I visited was the centuries-old Paoay church, located just a couple of kilometers south of Laoag, the city that  serves as the airport hub for Ilocos.  You can take a van, jeepney (see above photo) or tricycle going to Paoay; it takes only around 30 minutes of land travel.

Anyway, since my Internet connection is still limited, this post would be mostly a photo blog.  But I promise to supply more details when I fix the technical issues here in the Philippines.  Or when I get back to the more broadband friendly United States. :-)
This might help you find Paoay church
Back of Paoay Church:
It was almost noon; the sun placement was less harsh at the back 



Paoay Church Garden





Paoay Church is one massive ancient Philippine church

The church grounds are spacious as well


CR (Restroom) near Paoay Church:
5 peso fee


No comments:

Post a Comment