Thursday, October 24, 2013

Diplomat Hotel

Well, October is almost over so  it will be Halloween in about a week. So I guess it is only appropriate  that I feature something related to that.


Two months ago, I visited Baguio again.  It may be the Philippines' summer capital but it is also well know for an abundance of ghost stories.

And one of the more well known haunted sites in Baguio is the abandoned Diplomat Hotel (should have embedded horror movie music file)  It is not that easy to locate. most locals and taxi drivers know its exact location.  You can also mention the words Prayer Mountain, Heritage Hill or Dominican Hill.

The uphill path to your certain doom
What kind of ancient entities lurk behind those gates?
 Should I enter this dark and foreboding place?  I visited this place solo and armed only with my cameras.


Baguio's late afternoon fog helps improve the ghastly ambiance of this place.


Notice the right concrete post knocked down by a powerful unknown force



I have entered the place; there is no turning back



I did not capture any spectral images peering through the windows. Next time I should use film instead of digital cameras.  Ghosts and phantoms are analog, I think

As they say here "In fairness", the place offers awesome (or crowded) views of the city.

Jigsaw was here
Apparently I made it out of Diplomat Hotel in one piece as I lived to blog about it.  One more thing, Diplomat Hotel is already abandoned.  You cannot make reservations here or book online. But you can visit the place for free during the scheduled hours: 8AM to 5PM (as of August 2013)

Well it was really nice of them to not charge an entrance fee...wait perhaps the place hearkens for fresh naive souls to trap?  8)

No comments:

Post a Comment