Thursday, May 8, 2014

C Boutique Hotel Baguio

I was browsing Deal Grocer website this week when I saw post -summer discounted deals for C Boutique Hotel in Baguio   I availed of a similar deal last July for a suite so this post will be featuring that stay.  In case some of you might be planning of going to the Philippines' summer capital (Baguio!), this blog post may prove some helpful.


Since my friends backed out at the last minute and the coupon was expiring in a few weeks, this July 2013 trip became a solo adventure.  My last trip to Baguio was in 2012 and I did not get to visit some of the places I wanted to see, as I was travelling with a group.  This would be an opportunity for me to review this relatively new boutique hotel and take photos of other Baguio spots.

View from the loft
Another view from the loft
The suite has a loft with bed which can probably sleep 2 kids or 1 adult.  Hence, the coupon for the suite can sleep  the maximum allowable of  adults and 2 kids comfortably.


The bathroom was nice and clean enough for that price point.  However, the water pressure of the shower was weak though.  I am not sure if I can fault the hotel for this as Baguio has always been known for the scarcity of water especially during the April-May summer season.


The hotel also has a small cafe adjacent to the registration area near the entrance.  There are not a lot of eating establishments within the immediate vicinity which was composed mostly of residential houses.


The Deal Grocer deal came with breakfast coupons good for 4 people.   Good thing that the hotel staff were nice enough to allow me to use all coupons.  So I used 2 for early breakfast and 2 for early lunch.

Before you judge and brand me as a ravenous glutton, please note that like most Filipino restaurants, C Hotel's serving sizes were quite small compared to the typical servings in the US.

Bonuan Bangus
For my first breakfast, I had the Bonuan boneless bangus (milkfish) meal, a specialty from Pangasinan, a neighboring coastal province.  It was quite good unlike the fresh fruit platter which I ordered as my second coupon.  It was not that bad, but the fruit slices still included  the bland tasting parts of the pineapple and the watermelon.


After I came back from an early norning shoot of the nearby sights, I was hungry again so I used another coupon to order a shredded beef tapa meal.  I found it not as tasty as the bangus meal though.


I just give the last coupon to the friendly hotel staff prior to checking out from the hotel at 12 noon  I then proceeded to Mines View Park which I last visited in 2005.

C Hotel's cross streets
Finally, one more nice thing about C Hotel is that it is equidistant from both Mines View Park (northwest) and Wright Park (southwest).  Both can be reached by walking from the hotel in 15 minutes.  You can also board the jeepneys that ply Gibraltar road, which is 3 to 5 minute walk from the C Boutique Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment